Baked Feta Cheese Remix
Updated: Jan 25, 2022
This trend definitely took flight and became very popular on social media and especially on Tik-Tok. Not only is this a tasty dish but it is also beautiful to watch as it all comes together. While many may enjoy feta and tomatoes by themselves, I decided to remix it a little
with my own style and add in some rigatoni and jumbo, garlic buttered, sautéed shrimp.
This will never get old and if you have-not had a chance to try it, well you're in for a delicious, and easy to make meal. Treat yourself or prepare a romantic dinner for your special someone. If you enjoy this, feel free to donate to $miguelglobal on Cashapp and check out He's Got Flavor cookbook here in the store and available on Amazon.com. Thank you for your support!
Here's what you'll need
2 pt. cherry or grape tomatoes 1 shallot, quartered
1/2 lemon 4 cloves garlic, smashed (optional)
2 Tbsp minced garlic 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
1/2 cup heavy cream Kosher salt (season to taste)
red pepper flakes (season to taste)
2 thyme stems 1 (8-oz.) block feta 1/2 cup fresh parsley 10 oz. rigatoni pasta
Here's how you prepare it
1. Preheat oven to 400°. In a medium baking dish, combine tomatoes, garlic, and most of the olive oil. Season with salt, red pepper flakes and toss to combine together.
2. Place the feta into the center of tomato mixture and drizzle the top with remaining olive oil. Sprinkle parsley and Scatter thyme stems over tomatoes. Bake for 35-40 mins, until tomatoes are soft and beginning to open and the feta is slightly golden on top.
3. While this is in the oven, in a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta according to package instructions. Reserve 1/4 cup of pasta water before draining. (this is important). Combine Shrimp, minced garlic, butter and lemon juice in a bowl, toss and set aside.
4. In a separate medium/ large skillet, heat butter or olive oil on medium high heat. Add the seasoned shrimp and cook 1 to 2 minutes per side. Cook until just opaque and cooked through: not much longer. (Squeeze lemon juice for added flavor.) Most often people make the mistake of overcooking shrimp, which makes it tough. Cook it just enough so it’s tender and juicy.
5. When feta is ready, remove from oven. Now add cooked pasta, reserved pasta water, cooked shrimp, and stir until completely combined. Garnish with basil or parsley before serving. Enjoy!
VIEW FETA TIK TOK VIDEO BELOW | Tiktok:@MiguelGlobal