Updated: Jan 25
One day I looked into the pantry at some lasagna noodles and thought, what else are you good for? Hours later, I created a pasta that would immediately go viral on Tik Tok and Instagram with over 1.5 million views in less than 24 hours! After thousands of comments and so much feedback, I had to add the step by step here on my He's Got Flavor food blog to share the love. I know you will enjoy this and I challenge you to surprise your special someone with this dish as this will go perfectly for a romantic evening. If you enjoy this, feel free to donate to $miguelglobal on Cashapp and check out He's Got Flavor cookbook here in the store and available on Amazon.com. Thank you for your support!
Here's What You'll Need!
1lb box Lasagne Noodles
1lb Medium Shrimp (approx. 25 shrimp)
1 cup Heavy Cream or Have Whipping Cream (adjust to desired creaminess)
1 cup Fresh Parsley (chopped)
1 cup Parmesan Cheese (halved)
2 Tbsp Unsalted Butter (2 Tbsp)
2 Tbsp Cajun Seasoning (adjust to taste)
6 Cloves Fresh Garlic (minced)
1 Tbsp Old Bay Seasoning
1 Tbsp Garlic Powder
1/2 Tbsp Cayenne Pepper
3 tsp Paprika
Pepper (season taste)
Kosher Salt (season taste)
1/4 Cup Olive Oil
Here's How You Make it!
1. Start by Boiling the water
Put a large pot of salted water on the stovetop on high heat and bring to boil. While water is heating up, prepare the shrimp or other protein. (chicken works great too)
2. Heat 1 tsp olive oil in 12 inch skillet over high heat until smoking. Meanwhile toss the shrimp with 2 tsp paprika, pepper and olive oil. Add the shrimp to pan and cook for about 1 minute until edges are pink. Add 1 Tbsp unsalted butter and then remove pan from heat, flip shrimp over and let cook for about another minute. Remove shrimp from pan and set aside.
3. When water is boiling, add pasta and cook for 5 minutes on high heat. Remove pasta let cool and cut in half. (Its easier to stack all at once and cut) Return separated pasta to boiling water and reduce heat for 5-7 minutes. (don't overcook) Meanwhile, make the sauce.
4. Return pan to medium heat leaving in the juices from the shrimp. Once pan is hot, add fresh garlic and sear for about 35 secs. Now add heavy cream, 1/4 cup pasta water, cajun seasoning, old bay seasoning, 1 tsp paprika, garlic powder, pepper, salt and 1 Tbsp unsalted butter . Reduce heat and mix together.
5. Finally, add pasta to the sauce in small batches, add back in the shrimp, 1/2 cup fresh parsley and Parmesan cheese. Serve it up good!
1. You can add sausage and sautéed onions.
2. Seared Chicken works great if you have a seafood allergy. (Page 29 of my cook book)
2. Avoid smaller shrimp
3. For a spicier taste, add more cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes.
4. For a more creamy sauce, add additional heavy cream and or pasta water.
5. Top off with old bay seasoning
See more at: